Friday, January 27, 2012

Churchill: 422 Writing Response


P: ...are you sure?

R: They're sure. For me it's more surreal.

P: How long have you known?

R: I knew something was going on for a few months. They just confirmed it last week.

P: How long until it...happens?

R: Months.

P: Jesus.

R: When I told my boss he asked if I needed "time off."

P: What a prick.

R: Heh.

P: What did N say?

R: ...

P: You haven't told him?

R: I'm afraid of how he'll respond.

P: You think he'll be angry?

R: Why would he be angry?

P: You said...

R: It'll make it real.

P: What kind of options do you have?

R: The usual.

P: Have you chosen one?

R: It won't fix the problem. Only make living worse.

P: So you're going to ride it out?

R: Yes.

P: I'll make you breakfast.

R: No thank you. I already ate.

P: Coffee and cigarettes don't count as breakfast.

R: ...maybe toast then.

1 comment:

  1. These are great (Stein and Churchill). See if you can't push further and incorporate the original (Stein, Churchill, eg) into your own work even more. Maybe add more (creative) response to the imitation.

    Nonetheless, nice work here.

    ReplyDelete